Monday, March 24, 2008

Update on Aussie adoption petition

A quick update on my post earlier this month about the adoption petition for the Australian Federal Government. There is a new link to the online petition -
http://www.adoptionaustralia.org/

There are eleven initial changes that the petition targets. Most interesting is the need to provide potential for NGOs to facilitate adoption services, rather than the current requirement of working with government departments only. Also a push for Australia to open up new country programs and to reduce waiting lists.

Please join with me in signing the petition - and please share the link with your networks. The link also provides a draft letter that can be sent to your local MP (for those in Australia).

1 comment:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I have heard about the whole situation back home and it truly sucks... had I never come to the US I would have tried to adopt from Australia... glad fate took me down this path... take care