Monday, July 16, 2007

Psst... did you hear?

I just had a phone call from a good friend, ringing to find out the goss. She goes, 'So... you're pregnant!'. She had been talking to someone else who said, 'Next time you talk to Emma, congratulate her for me on her pregnancy!'. What the?

It's a Chinese baby, people... not Chinese whispers!

It's a bit odd because everyone we know is aware we are adopting. Maybe they thought we had given up or changed our minds, or were trying to squeeze a bio child in before the adoption.

I do need to admit that when the wait began skyrocketing and the Dept. announced at a recent event that there would be a 30 month wait, we did enquire about whether we were able to stay in the process and have a bio child while waiting. The Dept. made it very clear that this was not an option and we needed to be 100% committed to the adoption. They didn't seem to understand that having a child wouldn't alter our adoption plans, and that we are 100% committed to having a blended family. All we were wondering is whether we could change the order our children came to us so I don't end up being reallly old by the time I give birth, if things work out that way.

Anyway, it was an interesting conversation, followed by an email the next day saying they were putting our file on hold until we had decided what we were going to do. I wrote back and said not to put our file on hold, we never requested that, and that we wouldn't do anything that would jeopardise the adoption process. And then life went back to normal.

Maybe my phone is bugged and someone heard the conversation and thought we must be trying for a baby, and spread the news. Sorry, folks... it's China or bust for the meantime.

6 comments:

LaLa said...

What rumor can we start next....?? I love the way things just take on a life of their own....crazy!

pappasmamma said...

Maybe they are confused between you and the other Aaron.

D said...

I heard you were not only having a baby, but that you were having triplets.

Briana's Mom said...

Wow - isn't it amazing how rumors spread? Crazy! Glad you are still China bound!

Anonymous said...

http://www.sunbeam.com.au/products/product_details.cfm?rec_id=663&sec_id=13

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hi... I came across your site... I am an Aussie living in Florida, USA and on the 15/16 month of waiting to go to China. I have been hearing about the whole adoption process in Australia... I guess I am glad I am doing it from here. I am complaining about the process here... I think that I will stop complaining... look forward to reading more of your journey...