Sunday, July 16, 2006

Joined IAFQ

Well, the adoption register officially opened. There is a series of public information sessions that the department is holding, and they sent us an invitation to attend. We will be going on Wednesday. We'll get an application pack at the session. I've already downloaded and read through the pack and can see that I need to do some running around getting copies of things (Aaron's and my birth certificates and so on). I wonder if applications are dealt with chronologically. This makes me think we need to hurry up and get ours in, but there is also a heap we need to do before we submit it. Hrm. Hopefully it will all be answered on Wednesday.

We got sent an invitation to become members of IAFQ (International Adoptive Families of Queensland) a couple of months ago, as well as an invitation to attend one of their information sessions to meet other families and so on. I filled out the form to join and the form to register for a session and have them ready to post tomorrow along with payment.

No comments: